That Jewish News Show
“George Santos, Elon Musk, Rudy Giuliani, Nazi memorabilia and more”
May 17, 2023
On the May 17, 2023 episode of That Jewish News Show, Laura E. Adkins and Benyamin Cohen of the Forward discuss Elon Musk’s Magneto tweets, Nazi memorabilia (including Zyklon B!) that’s going to auction, and Rudy Giuliani’s latest shocking (and … weird?) antisemitism.
They were joined by Mark Chiusano, reporter at Newsday and author of the forthcoming The Fabulist: The Lying, Hustling, Grifting, Stealing, and Very American Legend of George Santos, to discuss the myriad scandals and recent indictment of Rep. George Santos on 13 criminal counts “for various alleged fraudulent schemes and brazen misrepresentations.”
“It’s kind of a psychological study and a bit of a grifter thriller of: How did this man continue to keep hustling even when he knew eventually he was going to get caught,” Chiusano said of his forthcoming book.
Listen on Apple Podcasts:
We want to hear from you! Leave a review below and email email@example.com with your questions and comments.
That Jewish News Show is hosted and produced by Laura E. Adkins and Benyamin Cohen of the Forward. Additional help this week came from Tani Levitt and Jake Wasserman. Our theme music is by The Fly Guy Five.
Listen on Spotify:
To ensure you never miss an episode, follow That Jewish News Show on
And follow the Forward on
Referenced articles, books and music
Elon Musk’s Magneto tweets:
• “Elon Musk doesn’t understand George Soros — or Magneto — but he’s great at antisemitism” by P.J. Grisar in the Forward
• “AIPAC accused George Soros of undermining American politics. Is that antisemitic?” by Emily Tamkin in the Forward
Nazi memorabilia goes to auction:
• “Holocaust items, including Zyklon B can and concentration camp patch, listed for auction” by Arno Rosenfeld in the Forward
Rudy Giuliani does an antisemitism:
• “Rudy Giuliani made antisemitic remarks about Jews’ genitalia, mocked ‘freaking Passover’ observance, new lawsuit claims” by Jacob Kornbluh in the Forward
Interview with Mark Chiusano:
• “Andrew Raia has a new challenger” by Mark Chiusano in Newsday (paywall)
• “Who Is Rep.-Elect George Santos? His Résumé May Be Largely Fiction.” by Grace Ashford and Michael Gold in The New York Times
• “The Fabulist: The Lying, Hustling, Grifting, Stealing, and Very American Legend of George Santos” by Mark Chiusano (out Nov. 28, 2023)
Laura: “How Magneto Became Jewish” by Abraham Josefine Reisman in Vulture, 2019
Benyamin: “Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie” on Apple TV
Get the Forward every day in your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletters.
That Jewish News Show is a thoughtful look at the week in Jewish news from journalists at the Forward, which has been driving the American Jewish conversation since 1897. In each episode, hosts Laura E. Adkins, the opinion editor, and Benyamin Cohen, the news director, bring you beyond the headlines and interview the newsmakers behind those stories.
The post That Jewish News Show: George Santos, Elon Musk, Rudy Giuliani, Nazi memorabilia and more appeared first on The Forward.